This BBQ sauce is not too sweet, and not too spicy. If you want to change it up, wait until it’s done simmering and adjust from there. Add a little honey or additional maple syrup to really sweeten it up, or some diced jalapenos or habaneros for some extra kick. Makes about 4 pints and cans super easy.
- 5 cups chopped plums (I leave the skins on mine for extra flavor)
- 1 cup vinegar (I used tomato)
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 – 15 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 3 heaping tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Combine plums, vinegar and Worcestershire in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Add puree and all other ingredients to large saucepan and bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Once boiling, turn down to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust spices to your liking. Serve over chicken, turkey, or pork.